Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Retro Grey


Grey was the challenge on EBSQ. Grey I thought surely they jest, Grey? Color on hiatus, say it isn't true........
Grey now there is a challenge for me. I am so used to a vivid color palette. Then I remembered the wool suit patterns my mom used to wear, and grey flannel slacks. Remembering those things I began to wonder how would one of the abstraction artists of the era pull together the collect of those swatches? The project only seems possible using every possible shade, value and tint of grey. I went out and got my first set of tinted graphite pencils (all I had been waiting for was an excuse!) and let em rip.


Size: 8x8"


Media: tinted graphite pencils, markers on Acid Free Sketch paper


Subject: Grey


Style: Retro Abstract

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work again, Alma! I guess many things we try that are out of our normal routine can spark creativity ...

    ReplyDelete