Friday, May 10, 2013





Somewhere a child dreams
of the happy years
What shall I be, who shall
love me

Years later on a squalid
pad
a child gives what she 
never had

now a child screams
crying falls upon deaf ears
What have I come to
where is the love
I never knew

Alone she wonders
how it would be
if she were home
at once joyful and free...

Human Trafficking is a subject close to my heart. I had never heard of it until a few years ago, then I watched the movie "Human Trafficking" with Donald Sutherland and was struck by how easily even the smart and savvy among us are taken in by these thugs. I knew that I in my younger days would have succumbed also. It is heartbreaking. This are was inspired by that movie it has been years since I have seen it but I will never be able to forget it.

About this art:
size: 9x10"
media: digital
subject: woman, human trafficking
Style: pop surreal

Human Trafficking happens everywhere, in every city. To real live INNOCENT children, tricked, deceived and swept away. Forced labor, forced prostitution or both. The average lifespan of victims of human trafficking is 7 years. Only 1% are ever recused. What can we do? Start here:http://www.freedomyouthproject.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment