Friday, March 25, 2011

Fractal in Analog


I realize that I will be dating myself, but do you remember the first time you saw a spin point picture, made a spiral-gram from a kit? What about string art. If you were like me you were in awe of the image. It was the most modern, and highest art form you had ever seen. Pretty soon you were hooked and so it goes.

Recently I ran into my old spiral-graph kit while cleaning out a closet. I have not been able to part with it. I realize now that it was very simplistic, but it was a beginning and that is what I hold on too. I wonder 30 years from now if that is how our children will look at fractals?

Analog Fractal is an attempt to capture that feeling I had when I saw a fractal for the first time. The art grows so quickly, and I needed to contain it in a low tech, (analog) way right here, right now. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment